Subject: Re: Any Way to Download a XNF to FPGA
From: andrew@atri.curtin.edu.au (Andrew Phillips)
Date: 20 Dec 1994 00:48:10 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

It is possible to download an XNF file to any Xilinx FPGA. If you program the device to have, say, an asynchronous serial port you could download the file to it via a PC UART quite easily. Try designing further logic inside the FPGA to low-pass filter the incoming data with a 10th-order Bessel frequency chanracteristic and then construct interface logic to send the resulting data stream to an off-chip D/A converter. The resulting waveforms would be both interesting and useless.

Andrew Phillips (andrew@atri.curtin.edu.au)
Cooperative Research Centre for Broadband Telecommunications & Networking
Bentley, Perth Western Australia

Article: 526