Subject: CFP: IG/ITG Workshop on VLSI Architectures
From: mike@vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at (Michael Gschwind)
Date: 03 Feb 1995 10:06:24 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

                  Announcement / First Call for Contributions

			      GI/ITG-Workshop on
                     "V L S I    A r c h i t e c t u r e s"
		(Architekturen für hochintegrierte Schaltungen)

                           July 17 - July 18, 1995
			       Vienna, AUSTRIA

Organizer:  Institut für Technische Informatik, TU Wien
	    GI/ITG Fachgruppe "Architekturen für hochintegrierte Schaltkreise"

Architectures for data processing and data transfer are highly
influenced by the possibilities of VLSI technology.  The fourth
workshop of this series will discuss hot topics in the area of very
large scale integration and its effect on processor and system
architecture with special emphasis on "Architectures for the
Information Highway"

 The workshop includes an open discussion section on
    "Architectures for the Information Highway"

The GI/ITG SIG on VLSI invites submissions on the following topics:

* architectures for the Information Highway
	(short discussion statements)

* telecommunication
	(integrating telecommunication and computers; special
         architectures for telecommunication; ATMs, switches, and
         hardware protocols)

* architectures for heterogeneous systems
	(I/O nodes, computational nodes, communications nodes; scalar,
         heterogeneous multicomputers)

* reconfigurable processor arrays
	(reconfigurable bus systems, polymorphous processor arrays)

* microprocessor architectures
	(beyond RISC, super scalar, VLIW, transport-triggered
         architectures, novel memory architectures, reducing memory
         latency, improving code density)

* FPGA-based processors
	(reconfigurable instruction set (extensions), application-specific
         co-processors, architecture simulation and prototyping)

* asynchronous systems
	(self-timed, delay-independent systems)

* neural computing
	(novel concepts for associative memories and computers;
         artificial neural networks and their hardware implementation)

Deadlines:
Extended Abstract				April 24, 1995
Notification of Acceptance			May 29, 1995
Final Papers					June 26, 1995

Further information is available by sending e-mail to:
	vlsi-conf@vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at
or via WWW at
	http://www.vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at/vlsi-conf.html

Send contributions to:
Herbert Grünbacher
Institut für Technische Informatik
Technische Universität Wien

Treitlstraße 3/182-2
A-1040 Vienna
Austria

Tel	+43 (1) 588 01-8150
Fax	+43 (1) 586 96 97
eMail	gruenbacher@vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at

Michael Gschwind, Institut f. Technische Informatik, TU Wien
snail: Treitlstrasse 3-182-2 || A-1040 Wien || Austria
email: mike@vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at   PGP key available via www (or email)
www  : URL:http://www.vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at/mike/mike.html
phone: +(43)(1)58801 8156	   fax: +(43)(1)586 9697
Boycott Whaling!!! Boycott Norway!!! Boycott Norwegian Products!!!

Article: 676