Subject: Viewlogic VHDL for Xilinx
From: Saied Benyamin <saied>
Date: 27 Apr 1995 21:37:07 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I am desparately trying to force the viewlogic VHDL synthesizer use
the CE (clock Enable) on the Xilinx CLB's with no luck.  The viewlogic
technical help people could not give me a solution either.  Does any
one know how to do this?  The synthesizer is right now working the
clock enable into the equations and wasting gates.  My code is as
follows...

nx_st <= idle	WHEN (match AND p_eom) ELSE
         met	WHEN .......

set_st_reg:PROCESS
	BEGIN
		WAIT UNTIL (PRISING(clk) or reset='1');
		IF (clkenable='1') THEN
			cur_st <= nx_st;
		ELSE
			cur_st <= cur_st;
		END IF;
	END PROCESS;

I have also tried putting clock in the sensitivity list and
use clk'event AND clk='1' and that did not work either.

I appreciate any help.....  saied@tekelec.com

Article: 1101