Subject: Call for Papers: Fall95 VIUF
From: bhasker@mhcnet.att.com (Jayaram_Bhasker)
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 17:47:41 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

VHDL International Users' Forum (VIUF)

Fall 1995 Conference and Exhibition

Preliminary

CALL FOR PAPERS, PANELS,
WORKSHOPS AND TUTORIALS

Newton Marriott Hotel, Boston, MA
October 1-4, 1995

VHDL In Use:  Tales from the World of
System Design and Programmable Logic

The Fall 1995 VIUF Conference continues the tradition of the past 15 semi-
annual VHDL users meetings by providing a forum for collecting, discussing,
and disseminating technology on the use of VHDL.  This time, the focus will
be on experience accounts of VHDL users in the  System Design arena in
general and Programmable Logic in particular.  Proactive participation is
expected from a broad range of disciplines including design, prototyping,
test, methodology, logistics, manufacturing, and more.  Tool developers,
designers, foundry people, as well as system designers, are encouraged to
participate in one or more of the various parts of the program.  The aim of
this meeting is to exchange ideas and gather information needed to
successfully exploit todays' increasing complexity of large systems
implemented in deep sub-micron technologies.  The event will be comprised of
technical paper presentations, panel sessions, mini-workshops, tutorials, a
keynote general session, vendor sessions, focus birds-of-a-feather meetings,
and product exhibits.  A VHDL design contest will be held as well (see
separate Call for Participation to obtain more information).

TECHNICAL PROGRAM

The technical program will consist of technical paper sessions.  Papers will
be distributed in a bound proceedings book at the meeting.  Potential authors
are encouraged to participate by submitting an extended abstract to the
Technical Program Chair for consideration.  Topic areas of particular
interest include (but not limited to):
	-	System & FPGA design with VHDL		-	VHDL style and coding guidelines
	-	Modeling, Simulation & Synthesis		-	Formal methods and verification
	-	Standards and Interoperability		-	Education
	-	Foundry use of VHDL		-	Testing issues in VHDL
Extended abstracts for technical papers are invited for consideration.  Descriptions of technical development, research, user experience, and other VHDL related discussions are requested.  Submissions should include the key ideas, major technical contributions, advantages, limitations, results, and directions for future work, as appropriate to the subject matter.  Each abstract will be reviewed by the program committee which includes internationally distinguished VHDL experts.  Authors whose abstracts are

accepted will be required to submit a completed full length paper in advance for review of content and format.

Submit your abstract by May 15, 1995 to the Technical Program Chair at the
address below.  Electronic submissions of material in RTF, Postscript, or 7-
bit ASCII are strongly encouraged.  Please accompany any RTF or Postscript
submission with a 7-bit ASCII version.

PANELS AND MINI-WORKSHOPS

Special attention is given to attendee participation.  The objective is to
foster proactive involvement and experience sharing.  Two types of
participatory sessions will be offered:
	1.	Panels -	A group of industry experts will prepare brief
position statements followed by Q&A 			among panelists and
audience.
	2.	Mini-Workshops - A moderator will direct an interactive
discussion among all participants, 			using guidelines that
will be distributed in advance of the session.
Each panel and mini-workshop will focus on a well defined issue or challenge
related to the inherent characteristics of VHDL, its related applications, or
any other suitable topic of interest to VHDL practitioners in industry and in
academia.  Abstracts for panels or mini-workshops are invited for
consideration.  Authors whose proposals are accepted will be required to
submit a complete session plan/outline and list of participants in advance
for review of content and format.

Submit your panel or mini-workshop proposal by May 22, 1995 to the Panels &
Workshops Chair at the address below.  Electronic submissions of material in
RTF, Postscript, or 7-bit ASCII are strongly encouraged.  Please accompany
any RTF or Postscript submission with a 7-bit ASCII version.

TUTORIALS

The tutorial program provides in-depth presentations specifically designed
for VHDL beginners and for advanced or expert VHDL practitioners.  Several
tutorials will be offered on a parallel track basis.  Proposals for full or
half day introductory,  advanced and expert level tutorials on any VHDL-
related topic are encouraged.  Abstracts for tutorials are invited for
consideration.  Authors whose proposals are accepted will be required to
submit a completed tutorial presentation in advance for review of content and
format.

Submit your tutorial abstract by May 22, 1995 to the Tutorial Chair at the
address below.  Electronic submissions of material in RTF, Postscript, or 7-
bit ASCII are strongly encouraged.  Please accompany any RTF or Postscript
submission with a 7-bit ASCII version.

RESPONSE DATES

	Abstract Submission Deadline	15 May, 1995
	Panel & Workshop Proposal Deadline	22 May, 1995
	Tutorials Submission Deadline	22 May, 1995
	Notification of Acceptance	12 June, 1995
	Final Submissions Deadline	24 July, 1995
	Presentations	1-4 October, 1995

FOR SUBMISSIONS AND MORE DETAILS ADDRESS...

Technical Program Chair	  Panels & Workshops Chair	Tutorials Chair
J. Bhasker                    Yvonne Ryan            Pam Rissmann
AT&T Bell Laboratories	      Ryan & Ryan            Proxy Modeling
1247 S. Cedar Crest Blvd. 953 Mt. Carmel Drive  1580 Washington Blvd.
Allentown, PA   18103     San Jose, CA   95120  Fremont, CA   94539
USA                       USA	                  USA
+1 610-712-3983		        +1 408-997-6028		    +1 510-440-8435
+1 610-712-2773 (FAX)	    +1 408-997-7481 (FAX)	+1 510-440-8852 (FAX)
email jb7@mhcnet.att.com  email yryan@vhdl.org  email  pamr@vhdl.org

FOR GENERAL INFORMATION...

Conference Chair	Program Coordination Chair 	Conference Management
Hillel Ofek         Steve Carlson               CMS
Dyna Logic Corp.	  Escalade Corporation        407 Chester Street
1255 Oakmead Pkwy	  1210 E. Arques Avenue       Menlo Park, CA   94025
Sunnyvale, CA 94086	Sunnyvale, CA   94086
USA                 USA			                    USA
+1-415-329-0510	      +1 408-481-3120           +1-408-481-1305
+1-415-324-3150 (FAX)	+1 408-481-3136 (FAX)	      +1-408-481-1313  (FAX)
email hillelo@vhdl.org  email steve@escalade.com  email  jillj@vhdl.org

Article: 1151