Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS
From: john@vcc.com (John Schewel)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 20:33:53 GMT

			                     Abstract Due: 8 April 96
CALL FOR PAPERS			         Manuscript Due: 26 August 96
			   	      Presentation: 18-22 November 96

 Reconfigurable Technology for Rapid Product Development & Computing

		Part of SPIE's International Symposium
		VOICE, VIDEO and DATA COMMUNICATIONS
		   	   PHOTONICS EAST
 	     18-22 November 1996, Hynes Convention Center,
		        Boston, Massachetts USA

Many systems engineers are overcoming current computation and product
development bottlenecks through the use of reconfigurable device
technologies, such as user-programmable FPGA and CPLD devices.  This
conference focuses on two areas utilizing reconfigurable technology:

			1) Rapid Product Development
			2) Reconfigurable Computing

Today's reconfigurable devices can be used for datapath and data
processing applications, as well as general logic replacement. Processors
built from reconfigurable logic devices are being applied to a wide
range of computationally-intensive tasks.

This conference will present papers that illustrate applications and
techniques for using reconfigurable technology in the design and
manufacturing cycles, as well as high-performance computing.

Papers are solicited in the following and related areas:

	*  reconfigurable digital and analog components and their
	   use in the product development cycle

	*  applications and platforms utilizing reconfigurable technology
	   for rapid product development and high-performance computing

	*  applications utilizing reconfigurable technology for image
	   and signal processing, communication and data processing

Conference Chairs: John Schewel, Virtual Computer Corp.
      Peter M. Athanas, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
      V. Michael Bove, Jr. MIT Media Lab
      Bradly K. Fawcett, Xilinx Inc.

This is the second year the conference on Reconfigurable Computing is
being held. Last year twenty two papers were presented ( 14 papers from
academia and 8 from industry) by authors from 7 countries. This conference
is the first of it's kind outside the traditional FPGA community and serves
as an opportunity to introduce newcomers to this arena.

Last years papers were published by SPIE and the Proceedings can be ordered
from them (Volume 2607) tel. (360)-676-3290. Proceedings from this conference
will be published and available at the conference. For this reason the
manuscript due dates must be observed.

Being held in Boston this year, Photonic East has a track record of
attracting 4000+ engineers, developers and scientists from all over
the world.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION

On-site Abstracts due 8 April 1996   On-site Manuscripts due 26 August 1996

1. Submit To: Conference Title & Chair

2. Abstract Title

3. Author Listing (principle author first) First, Last, Affiliation, mailing
                  address, telephone, fax, email

4. Presentation will be Oral Presentation at the conference

5. Abstract Text  Aprox. 250 words.

6. Keywords (max five)

7. Brief Biography of principle author (aprox. 50 words)

To be considered for acceptance please use only ONE of the following methods:

	SPIE WEB - Complete the form found at:
	           http://www.spie.org/web/meetings/calls/submissions.html

	E-MAIL   - Submit in ASCII form (not encoded) to:
                   abstracts@spie.org  ( Subject: PE96 (John Schewel) )

	POST     - SPIE, PO Box 10, Bellingham WA 98227-0010  USA
		   or/ 1000 20th St. Bellingham, WA 98225 USA

	FAX      - 360/647-1445   (telephone) 360/676-3290

Abstracts should contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and
the results of the research.

Applicants will be notified of acceptance before August 26, 1996.
Authors and co-authors are accorded a reduced symposium registration fee.

John Schewel, the Conference Chair maybe contacted at jas@vcc.com for
further information.

Article: 2851