Subject: Re: Free FPGA tools???
From: ying@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (Ying C.)
Date: 8 Feb 1998 23:01:35 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
In article <34dde6bd.2747293@news.megsinet.net>,  <msimon@tefbbs.com> wrote:
>I am interested but in the Chicago area. I am interested in FPGA tools
>good enough to design 4K to 10K gate microprocessors, with possibly
>128 bytes of internal RAM (not counting registers). I want to design a
>generic board so that different designs could be tried out against
>different classes of problems.
>
>I have no problem with board design but lack the $$$ required for the
>FPGA tools.
>
>Simon

One of the device supported by Altera's free trial version, PLS-WEB, is
10k10. It has 6K bits of RAM and sufficient # of gates for your use. Your
computer has to be on a TCP/IP network to get PLS-WEB to work though.
Check out http://www.altera.com/html/products/pls-web.html.

Ying
ying@csua.berkeley.edu
--