Subject: Re: Synplicity
From: "Steven K. Knapp" <sknapp@optimagic.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:14:37 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I found the Synplicity tools to be quite good.  The HDL Analyst was a
god-send for some timing critical logic that I was creating for Xilinx
FPGAs.  It allowed me to see exactly how the code mapped into logic blocks
and flip-flops.

It's fairly easy and intuitive to use and supports both VHDL and Verilog.
They also ship some example file for each vendor type that show you how to
do the "strange things".  For example, they show you how to build a RAM
array and give the RAM an initial value in Xilinx XC4000 when using Verilog
and how to assign pin locations.

Synplicity has a free evaluation download at
http://www.synplicity.com/downloads.html.  That's how we got started.
Steven K. Knapp
OptiMagic, Inc. -- "Great Designs Happen 'OptiMagic'-ally"
E-mail:  sknapp@optimagic.com
   Web:  http://www.optimagic.com

James E. Stine, Jr. wrote in message <3532468A.67F256E2@eecs.lehigh.edu>...
>Hi,
>
>I am looking for tips, war stories, and successes from any of you out
>there who has
>used the Synplify/HDL Analyst Software from Synplicity, Inc.  Thanks, in
>advance.
>
>james stine
>lehigh university
>jes6@lehigh.edu