Subject: Re: virtex partial reconfiguration
From: Le mer Michel <michel.lemer@ago.fr>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 10:06:37 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Ed McGettigan wrote:

> In article <370323D8.68D63B6F@irisa.fr>,
> >Does a frame corresponds to the global reconfiguration of a small area of
> >the Virtex (CLB logic and Routing), or are there different types of
> >frames ? For example some frames for routing configuration and some
> >others for CLB/IOB ?
> >
> A Virtex frame contains a sequence of bits that spans the entire height
> of the device with multiple frames per column.
>
> >According to the virtex datasheet, a  XCV300 has a 32x48 CLB matrix, the
> >whole device needs 1,700,000 bits to be reconfigured, This means that the
> >"average" configuration data for a CLB plus routing is 1,100 bit i.e 2
> >frames.
> >

> You're forgetting the IOB configuration and the Block SelectRAM
> configuration space as well as configuration overhead.

Can we know the frame sequence? BlockSelectRAM have special columm number,
different from CLB, what about the IOB?
During IOB reconfiguration, are these IOB in tri-state, during a moment?

Are all configuration mode supported for partial reconfiguration?

Thank you.

Michel Le Mer
Gerpi sa (Xilinx Xpert)
3, rue du Bosphore