Subject: Re: Looking for Altera APEX board
From: zule <zule@home.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 01:48:55 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Well I think you would have better luck finding a four leaf clover!

Atif Zafar wrote:

> Hello:
>
>     I realize that the APEX FPGA was just recently released but does
> anyone know of any PCI prototyping boards that use this chip? I am
> looking to prototype some new graphics algorithms and need a board with
> preferably several such devices along with the ability to add RAM (SDRAM
> etc.) and a RAMDAC for video out. Thanks in advance.
>
> Atif Zafar
> Indiana University
> Regenstrief Institute
> Zafar_A@regenstrief.iupui.edu
Article: 16201
Subject: Re: Spartan Metastability parameters
From: allan.herriman.hates.spam@fujitsu.com.au (Allan Herriman)
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 02:57:20 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hmmm.  I didn't receive any replies.  Perhaps the parts haven't been
fully characterised yet (they've only been around for a year or so).

Will it be safe to assume that the metastability performance of a 5V
Spartan part will be the same as that of the XC4005E-3?

Thanks,
Allan.

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 03:48:54 GMT,
allan.herriman.hates.spam@fujitsu.com.au (Allan Herriman) wrote:

>Hi,
>	Does anyone know the metastability parameters for Xilinx
>Spartan and SpartanXL parts (with various speed grades)?
>
>Xilinx's web site only seems to have the numbers for the
>XC4005E-3 XC4005-6 XC3142A-09 XC3042-70 XC5200-5
>parts, and for the XC7000 and XC9500 families.
>
>I'm designing a synchroniser...
>
>Please, I don't want anyone to reply with synchroniser designs or the
>theory of metastability.  I just want the numbers (or URLs, etc).
>
>Thanks,
>Allan.

Article: 16202