Site Home   Archive Home   FAQ Home   How to search the Archive   How to Navigate the Archive   
Compare FPGA features and resources   

Threads starting:
1994JulAugSepOctNovDec1994
1995JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1995
1996JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1996
1997JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1997
1998JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1998
1999JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1999
2000JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2000
2001JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2001
2002JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2002
2003JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2003
2004JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2004
2005JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2005
2006JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2006
2007JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2007
2008JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2008
2009JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2009
2010JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2010
2011JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2011
2012JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2012
2013JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2013
2014JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2014
2015JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2015
2016JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2016
2017JanFebMarApr2017

Authors:A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Custom Search

Messages from 18050

Article: 18050
Subject: Looking for substitute for XC17*** Xilinx Prom
From: "Keren" <keren2@inter.net.il>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 12:38:08 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hello,

I am looking for a substitut component for the XC17*** PROM by Xilinx.
* Flash Memory or EEMemory
* ISP Programing thrugh JTag.

Thank you

Keren




Article: 18051
Subject: Re: absolut Newbie
From: "Daniel K. Elftmann" <elftmann@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 08:41:20 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I think that Stephan meant http://www.distributed.net

correct me if I'm wrong.

Stephan Diemer <s.diemer@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:7sj1nj$g4i$1@news.online.de...
> Hello friends i am an absolut newbie so i dont know anything about
> programmable logic but i am very interested in this issue. What i want to
do
> is building or programming a PCI card with some algorithms (for RC5
> decoding). I know that it would be a wonder if i get this working so i am
> searching someone with the same interests who could help me or do it.
> If someone want to help me please visit www.ditributed.net so you will
> see why i want to build this and e-mail me!
>
> thanx
>
>


Article: 18052
Subject: Re: Looking for substitute for XC17*** Xilinx Prom
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom77.com>
Date: 26 Sep 1999 14:16:54 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Check the Xilinx web site.  I believe they have a new part that meets your
requirements.  It may not be 'out' yet, but will be soon...

Keren <keren2@inter.net.il> wrote in article
<7skstj$84d$1@news2.inter.net.il>...
> Hello,
> 
> I am looking for a substitut component for the XC17*** PROM by Xilinx.
> * Flash Memory or EEMemory
> * ISP Programing thrugh JTag.
> 
> Thank you
> 
> Keren
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
Article: 18053
Subject: Re: absolut Newbie
From: Stephan Diemer <s.diemer@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 17:00:44 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Yes youre right.

Stephan Diemer wrote:

> Hello friends i am an absolut newbie so i dont know anything about
> programmable logic but i am very interested in this issue. What i want to do
> is building or programming a PCI card with some algorithms (for RC5
> decoding). I know that it would be a wonder if i get this working so i am
> searching someone with the same interests who could help me or do it.
> If someone want to help me please visit www.ditributed.net so you will
> see why i want to build this and e-mail me!
>
> thanx

Article: 18054
Subject: Re: Altera hierarchical design
From: Brad Ree <brad.ree@programmable-products.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 11:21:03 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Yes, you do need an include file.  You can do this by opening the lowwer level
design with the text editor, and then selecting Generate Include file under the
File menu.  This could cause the project name to get changed to the lowwer
level, and then you will need to change it back.  Once you actually have a
working hierarchy, then you can use the project view, double click on the file,
and then select create new include.  This will not cause the project name to
change.


John Becich wrote:

> It seems, when one works exclusively with text entry, that in order to build
> hierarchical designs using Max+Plus 9.3, one must INCLUDE
> "'smaller-design'.inc";
> where 'smaller-design' is the name of some lower level module that we wish
> to use within the file we are building.
>
> Simply put, that means I have to have an ".inc" file for the smaller module,
> or building a hierarchical design won't work!
> Does anyone agree or disagree with this observation?
>
> Megafunctions and megafunctions that I modify seem to render .inc files OK.
> I have not, however, been able to produce .inc files from the graphic or
> textual files that I create from scratch, without using the "Megawizard."
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Article: 18055
Subject: Re: Flex 10k: power-on initialisation of FSM. How to do?
From: Brad Ree <brad.ree@programmable-products.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 11:29:39 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
The simplest thing to do is use the init state of all 0, since the FPGA
will bring all registers to 0 unless you do something special. (Special
means different languages and compilers may require different things.)  If
you try to reset the device once configured, then you have the problem of
multiple reset signals.  Some compilers/languages allow other approaches to
the inital state problem.  For example, AHDL uses a MACHINE construct in
which the first state listed in the construct will be the init state.  I
have seen different aproaches with different Verilog compilers.  Currently
Altera does not support 1 hot statemachine in Verilog, thus the 0 state is
the init state.  Others that support 1 hot actually use the first state
again.



micheal_thompson@my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi
> I have implemented a few state machines (binary encoded!)in this device
> and am wondering how I get them to go to the 'init' state on power-up.
> Design entry was VHDL so I'm making no assumptions on whether the FSM
> init state is clear or preset. ( For example, the init state is not
> always the first state in the declaration list).
> As far as I understand all the Flex 10k registers will be cleared just
> after configuration?
> I considered an external reset-pin driven by a reset-ic. A possible
> shortcoming of this though maybe that the Flex's configuration time (c.
> 200ms)could exceed my minimum reset pulse-width (most parts specify a
> minimum 100ms pulse) so my pulse would never be seen.
> Any thoughts would be appreciated!
>
> regds
> Mike
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Article: 18056
Subject: About Evolvable Hardware
From: anup kumar raghavan <anup@elec.uq.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:34:09 +1000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------40C5F7C45B7E8BFA9CB4D3E1
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi, U can find a lot of info on evolvable hardware in the forms of
reconfigurable computing, or custom computing. But if U get a chance to read
the Magazine called "Communications of the ACM, April 1999- Volume 42, Number
4", it talks a lot about Evolvable Hardware..

All the best

Regards

Anup Kumar,
University of Queensland, Australia.

Stephen Kempenaers wrote:

> Hi,
> I have to write a thesis about evolvable hardware, but everywhere i look, i
> find other defenitions, can somebody refer me to a site where i can find
> detailed information about this subject
>
> thxs in advance

--------------40C5F7C45B7E8BFA9CB4D3E1
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii;
 name="anup.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Description: Card for anup kumar raghavan
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="anup.vcf"

begin:vcard 
n:Anup Kumar;Raghavan
tel;home:0061-7-38761962
tel;work:0061-7-33658849
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:anup@elec.uq.edu.au
fn:Anup
end:vcard

--------------40C5F7C45B7E8BFA9CB4D3E1--

Article: 18057
Subject: VCC.com
From: anup kumar raghavan <anup@elec.uq.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:38:51 +1000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------8752160F8239A9EB51129FBD
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi again, U can try  the web site www.vcc.com
It talks abour EWH

Cheers
Anup

Stephen Kempenaers wrote:

> Hi,
> I have to write a thesis about evolvable hardware, but everywhere i look, i
> find other defenitions, can somebody refer me to a site where i can find
> detailed information about this subject
>
> thxs in advance

--------------8752160F8239A9EB51129FBD
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii;
 name="anup.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Description: Card for anup kumar raghavan
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="anup.vcf"

begin:vcard 
n:Anup Kumar;Raghavan
tel;home:0061-7-38761962
tel;work:0061-7-33658849
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:anup@elec.uq.edu.au
fn:Anup
end:vcard

--------------8752160F8239A9EB51129FBD--

Article: 18058
Subject: Obtaining a Synopsys site ID
From: david braendler <dbraendler@swin.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:17:51 +1000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Does anyone who uses Foundation under windoze know how to to get a site
id for the Synopsys site? They assume that the whole world uses unix.
Novel.

I assume that the site id is in a license file that come with FPGA
Express, but I'll be dammed if I can find it.

Cheers

--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Braendler     http://gene.bsee.swin.edu.au/daveb/index.htm
Centre for Intelligent Systems
Swinburne University of Technology
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Article: 18059
Subject: Re: Looking for substitute for XC17*** Xilinx Prom
From: Larry Phillips <larryp1@home.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 01:42:02 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Keren wrote:
> 
> I am looking for a substitut component for the XC17*** PROM by Xilinx.
> * Flash Memory or EEMemory
> * ISP Programing thrugh JTag.

Atmel supplies direct replacements for the XC17* series. You should be
able to find data sheets etc. at http://www.atmel.com 

Look under 'Memory', then 'FGPGA Configuration Memory'. They are
available from stock (the last time I inquired).

-- 
          Hukt on fonix werkt fer me!

  http://cr347197-a.surrey1.bc.wave.home.com/larry/
Article: 18060
Subject: Re: Obtaining a Synopsys site ID
From: Kostas <konstadi@alpha.net.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:03:08 +1000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi there,

if you can figure out whether
fpga xpress users are elidgible
to get direct support from and
access to the solve-it site at
synopsys, pls. let us know about
your findings.

I've tried to solve an issue some 
time ago, and the synopsys attitude 
was, that since xilinx oem-bundles 
their product with their tools, 
they don't want to know anything 
about these user requests.

bye for now,
kostas




david braendler wrote:
> 
> Does anyone who uses Foundation under windoze know how to to get a site
> id for the Synopsys site? They assume that the whole world uses unix.
> Novel.
> 
> I assume that the site id is in a license file that come with FPGA
> Express, but I'll be dammed if I can find it.
> 
> Cheers
> 
> --
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> David Braendler     http://gene.bsee.swin.edu.au/daveb/index.htm
> Centre for Intelligent Systems
> Swinburne University of Technology
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Article: 18061
Subject: What are the Virtex REV connections?
From: simon_bacon@my-deja.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 02:08:29 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Does anyone have a definition of the REV on the Virtex flip-flops?
A search at Xilinx reveals nothing.  This connection pairs with
INIT on each FF -- INIT seems to be set/reset.

Many thanks.


Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
Article: 18062
Subject: Re: What are the Virtex REV connections?
From: Kostas <konstadi@alpha.net.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:30:57 +1000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
hi there,

REV seems to be the synchronous
reset input. INIT on the other 
hand links to the synchronous
set.

kostas



simon_bacon@my-deja.com wrote:
> 
> Does anyone have a definition of the REV on the Virtex flip-flops?
> A search at Xilinx reveals nothing.  This connection pairs with
> INIT on each FF -- INIT seems to be set/reset.
> 
> Many thanks.
> 
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.
Article: 18063
Subject: Re: Looking for substitute for XC17*** Xilinx Prom
From: Dave Vanden Bout <devb@xess.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:32:12 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------E26B008FAABA2F743CA611F0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Try one of the Atmel 17C*** eeproms if they are big enough to hold your bitstream.

Keren wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a substitut component for the XC17*** PROM by Xilinx.
> * Flash Memory or EEMemory
> * ISP Programing thrugh JTag.
>
> Thank you
>
> Keren

--------------E26B008FAABA2F743CA611F0
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii;
 name="devb.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Description: Card for Dave Vanden Bout
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="devb.vcf"

begin:vcard 
n:Vanden Bout;David
tel;fax:(919) 387-1302
tel;work:(919) 387-0076
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.xess.com
org:XESS Corp.
adr:;;2608 Sweetgum Drive;Apex;NC;27502;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:devb@xess.com
title:FPGA Product Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;28560
fn:Dave Vanden Bout
end:vcard

--------------E26B008FAABA2F743CA611F0--

Article: 18064
Subject: Altera 20KE LVDS IO
From: Stephen King <sking@crl.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:07:18 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I am interested to know if any one has used the LVDS IO on the 20KE? If
so what are your experiences with it and where can I get hold of
detailed timing and electrical specifications? (They have yet to be
included in the 20K data sheet.)

My interest is in the possibility of using the LVDS IO for direct input
from a 500 MSPS ADC with LVDS output.

Article: 18065
Subject: EHW and Virtex
From: "Espen Tislevoll" <tislevol@idi.ntnu.no>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:42:23 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hello.

I am currently writing a thesis on EHW, and I wondered if anyone have tried
to manipulate a Virtex's configuartion bits by genetic operations ?

Best Regards
Espen Tislevoll
e-mail: tislevol@idi.ntnu.no



Article: 18066
Subject: Re: Altera hierarchical design
From: Steve Rencontre <Steve@XXX_REMOVE_XXXrsn-tech.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:23:37 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 11:21:03 -0400, in
<37EE39DF.CF49E5C1@programmable-products.com> Brad Ree
<brad.ree@programmable-products.com> wrote:

>Yes, you do need an include file.  You can do this by opening the lowwer level
>design with the text editor, and then selecting Generate Include file under the
>File menu.  This could cause the project name to get changed to the lowwer
>level, and then you will need to change it back.  Once you actually have a
>working hierarchy, then you can use the project view, double click on the file,
>and then select create new include.  This will not cause the project name to
>change.

Do watch out for the fact that if you change the I/Os on the
schematic, the .inc file is not automatically updated.

>
>
>John Becich wrote:
>
>> It seems, when one works exclusively with text entry, that in order to build
>> hierarchical designs using Max+Plus 9.3, one must INCLUDE
>> "'smaller-design'.inc";
>> where 'smaller-design' is the name of some lower level module that we wish
>> to use within the file we are building.
>>
>> Simply put, that means I have to have an ".inc" file for the smaller module,
>> or building a hierarchical design won't work!
>> Does anyone agree or disagree with this observation?
>>
>> Megafunctions and megafunctions that I modify seem to render .inc files OK.
>> I have not, however, been able to produce .inc files from the graphic or
>> textual files that I create from scratch, without using the "Megawizard."
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

--
Steve Rencontre, Design Consultant
http://www.rsn-tech.demon.co.uk/  --  remember to despam return address
Article: 18067
Subject: Re: Flex 10k: power-on initialisation of FSM. How to do?
From: micheal_thompson@my-deja.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:29:16 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
In article <37ecf381.2226175@news.freeserve.net>,
  martin@nospam.the-thompsons.freeserve.co.uk wrote:
> Mike,
> 	I've used the INIT_DONE or CONF_DONE (can't remember which,
> I'm not at work at the mo') pins out of the 10K.  If you have a signal
> called reset internally, feed the x_DONE pin into whichever pin this
> signal comes out on.  The compiler usually puts it on a global input.
>
> I seem to remember needing an inverter somewhere, as some of the LPM's
> I was using expected an active high reset, but the DFF's didn't.  Or
> something.
>
> 	If that helps, great.  If not, let me know and I'll dig out
> some details from work (try me on martin.thompson2@lucasvarity.com for
> best success!)
>
> HTH,
> Martin

Martin
Thanks for your suggestion. This brings up two points for me:
1.
I'm just wondering would I get an extra degree of 'security' if I made
a small extension to your idea: between the init_done o/p (Open-drain)
and the 'reset' input hook up an open-drain reset-ic's push-button_in/
reset_out pin. In this way I will get a 'post-init' extension of the
reset pulse thereby ensuring that the pulse is definitely 'seen'.
2.
The other point is that  depending on the compiler ( I use FPGA-xpress)
implementation maybe this is all overkill? The compiler has (I think) 2
choices in how it implements a state-machine reset: A) Connects ALL
FSM_ff.CLR pins to the reset signal and places inverters on those
FSM_ff.Q's that need to be preset on init. B) Connects the reset signal
to a mix of FSM_ff.CLR and FSM_ff.SET.
Therefore if method 'A' is used all FFlops cleared will also mean all
FSMs are in their init-states and so I won't need an external reset-ic.
Maybe!

regds
Mike


Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
Article: 18068
Subject: Re: Evolvable Hardware
From: Sigurd Urdahl <sigurdur@naglfar.ifi.uio.no>
Date: 27 Sep 1999 12:37:38 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
"Stephen Kempenaers" <stephenk6@excite.com> writes:

> I have to write a thesis about evolvable hardware, but everywhere i look, i
> find other defenitions, can somebody refer me to a site where i can find
> detailed information about this subject

I would start out reading an introductory article by Yao and Higuchi:
	X. Yao and T. Higuchi, ``Promises and Challenges of Evolvable
	Hardware,'' IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and
        Cybernetics, Part C, 28(4), November 1998.
Available as
	<url:ftp://www.cs.adfa.oz.au/pub/xin/smc097-04-0453.ps.gz>

Also this link should contain a lot of interesting articles
<url:http://www.etl.go.jp/etl/divisions/~ehw/> (the articles are in
the download-section)

-sig
-- 
sigurd urdahl
Article: 18069
Subject: SAA7146A SDK
From: "Gennadij Volkov" <gennadij@telemed.lt>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:18:53 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I'm looking for a Philips SAA7146A (multimedia bridge, high performance
scaler and PCI circuit) SDK/drivers/utilities. Where is it possible to
download it ?

Thanks

With best regards,
Gennadij Volkov
gennadij@telemed.lt
---------------------------------------------




Article: 18070
Subject: New Xilinx Virtex-E is out!
From: "Rune Baeverrud" <fpga@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:57:01 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
- Based on the 0.18 m, 6LM process vs. a 0.25 m 5LM process for Virtex
- Over 3x density increase (from 1 million to 3.2 million system gates)
- 1.3x speed grade performance
- Over 1.5x number of user I/Os (from 512 to 804)
- Over 1.5x I/O performance (from 200 MHz to over 311 MHz)
- 6.5x the internal block memory (from 128 Kbits to 832 Kbits)
- 2x the number of DLLs (from 4DLLs to 8 DLLs)
- Available with more advanced fine pitch packaging (FG860, FG900, and
FG1156) support bringing the max I/O count up to 804
- Support three differential I/O standards: LVDS, Bus LVDS, and LVPECL (from
supporting 17 I/O standards to 20 I/O standards)
- Capable of delivering 622 Megabits per second (Mbps) differential I/O
performance

There are press releases, datasheets and new application notes available at:

http://www.xilinx.com

Enjoy!

Best Regards,
Rune Baeverrud


Article: 18071
Subject: Re: New to fpga's can you help
From: "Steven K. Knapp" <sknapp@optimagic.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:07:00 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
There are a couple of decent tutorials listed on The Programmable Logic Jump
Station at http://www.optimagic.com/tutorials.html.


--
-----------------------------------------------------------
Steven K. Knapp
OptiMagic, Inc. -- "Great Designs Happen 'OptiMagic'-ally"
E-mail:  sknapp@optimagic.com
   Web:  http://www.optimagic.com
-----------------------------------------------------------

Keith Tobin <keith@suparule.com> wrote in message
news:7sn7e5$t5s$1@scotty.tinet.ie...
> I want to learn VHDL to be used on fpga's , what i wand to
> know is any good sites with info ,
>
> Thanking Ye .....
>
>


Article: 18072
Subject: PowerPC <-> VME and PC/104 busses
From: Schneider Daniel <daniel.schneider@secheron.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:26:50 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

--------------A6D62391A22C14AA39B6EAAB
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

We just started a new design using a PowerPC microcontroller (MPC823) on
the motherboard.
This board will be plugged in VME system.
We also would like to put a PC/104 interface on this motherboard.

How can we easily interface the MPC823 and the VME bus (chipset, fpga,
application note...) for 16-bit bus (3U) and 32-bit bus (6U) ?

How can we easily interface the MPC823 and the PC/104 (ISA) bus
(chipset, fpga, application notes....)?

How could we design an interface to plug PC/104 modules (ISA bus) on a
VME board?
Existing boards or design?

Many thanks for your ideas and tips!

+----- ----------------------------------------------------+
| Daniel Schneider                                         |
| Secheron Ltd.      Phone:  +4131 / 990 71 84             |
| Untermattweg 8     Fax:    +4131 / 990 72 22             |
| CH-3027 Bern       E-mail: daniel.schneider@secheron.com |
+----------------------------------------------------------+



--------------A6D62391A22C14AA39B6EAAB
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
We just started a new design using a PowerPC microcontroller (MPC823) on
the motherboard.
<br>This board will be plugged in VME system.
<br>We also would like to put a PC/104 interface on this motherboard.
<p>How can we easily interface the MPC823 and the VME bus (chipset, fpga,
application note...) for 16-bit bus (3U) and 32-bit bus (6U) ?
<p>How can we easily interface the MPC823 and the PC/104 (ISA) bus (chipset,
fpga, application notes....)?
<p>How could we design an interface to plug PC/104 modules (ISA bus) on
a VME board?
<br>Existing boards or design?
<p>Many thanks for your ideas and tips!
<p><font face="Courier New,Courier"><font size=-1>+----- ----------------------------------------------------+</font></font>
<br><font face="Courier New,Courier"><font size=-1>| Daniel Schneider&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
|</font></font>
<br><font face="Courier New,Courier"><font size=-1>| Secheron Ltd.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Phone:&nbsp; +4131 / 990 71 84&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
|</font></font>
<br><font face="Courier New,Courier"><font size=-1>| Untermattweg 8&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Fax:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; +4131 / 990 72 22&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
|</font></font>
<br><font face="Courier New,Courier"><font size=-1>| CH-3027 Bern&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
E-mail: daniel.schneider@secheron.com |</font></font>
<br><font face="Courier New,Courier"><font size=-1>+----------------------------------------------------------+</font></font>
<br>&nbsp;
<br>&nbsp;</html>

--------------A6D62391A22C14AA39B6EAAB--

Article: 18073
Subject: Re: New Xilinx Virtex-E is out!
From: Ray Andraka <randraka@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:50:39 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
What is the availability?  I've got a current customer that could use higher
density than the XCV1000, but he needs it today.

Rune Baeverrud wrote:

> - Based on the 0.18 m, 6LM process vs. a 0.25 m 5LM process for Virtex
> - Over 3x density increase (from 1 million to 3.2 million system gates)
> - 1.3x speed grade performance
> - Over 1.5x number of user I/Os (from 512 to 804)
> - Over 1.5x I/O performance (from 200 MHz to over 311 MHz)
> - 6.5x the internal block memory (from 128 Kbits to 832 Kbits)
> - 2x the number of DLLs (from 4DLLs to 8 DLLs)
> - Available with more advanced fine pitch packaging (FG860, FG900, and
> FG1156) support bringing the max I/O count up to 804
> - Support three differential I/O standards: LVDS, Bus LVDS, and LVPECL (from
> supporting 17 I/O standards to 20 I/O standards)
> - Capable of delivering 622 Megabits per second (Mbps) differential I/O
> performance
>
> There are press releases, datasheets and new application notes available at:
>
> http://www.xilinx.com
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Best Regards,
> Rune Baeverrud



--
-Ray Andraka, P.E.
President, the Andraka Consulting Group, Inc.
401/884-7930     Fax 401/884-7950
email randraka@ids.net
http://users.ids.net/~randraka


Article: 18074
Subject: Re: Flex 10k: power-on initialisation of FSM. How to do?
From: martin@nospam.the-thompsons.freeserve.co.uk
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:26:59 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:29:16 GMT, micheal_thompson@my-deja.com wrote:

>
>Martin
>Thanks for your suggestion. This brings up two points for me:
>1.
>I'm just wondering would I get an extra degree of 'security' if I made
>a small extension to your idea: between the init_done o/p (Open-drain)
>and the 'reset' input hook up an open-drain reset-ic's push-button_in/
>reset_out pin. In this way I will get a 'post-init' extension of the
>reset pulse thereby ensuring that the pulse is definitely 'seen'.

Hi Mike,

Sounds like that might be a good belt-and-braces plan, but the Altera
FAE I spoke to about it seemed to think it would be OK the way it was.
Admittedly, he didn't sound *hugely* confident, and this is the first
time I've used a FLEX series device (a 6016, but the guts look much
like the 10K so it should be the same)!

>2.
>The other point is that  depending on the compiler ( I use FPGA-xpress)
>implementation maybe this is all overkill? The compiler has (I think) 2
>choices in how it implements a state-machine reset: A) Connects ALL
>FSM_ff.CLR pins to the reset signal and places inverters on those
>FSM_ff.Q's that need to be preset on init. B) Connects the reset signal
>to a mix of FSM_ff.CLR and FSM_ff.SET.
>Therefore if method 'A' is used all FFlops cleared will also mean all
>FSMs are in their init-states and so I won't need an external reset-ic.
>Maybe!
>

This may be why I couldn't find much information about how to do this
anywhere.  The tools may make it a non-issue!

>regds
>Mike
>
>
>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.
Cheers,
	Martin


Site Home   Archive Home   FAQ Home   How to search the Archive   How to Navigate the Archive   
Compare FPGA features and resources   

Threads starting:
1994JulAugSepOctNovDec1994
1995JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1995
1996JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1996
1997JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1997
1998JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1998
1999JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1999
2000JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2000
2001JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2001
2002JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2002
2003JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2003
2004JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2004
2005JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2005
2006JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2006
2007JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2007
2008JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2008
2009JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2009
2010JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2010
2011JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2011
2012JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2012
2013JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2013
2014JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2014
2015JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2015
2016JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2016
2017JanFebMarApr2017

Authors:A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Custom Search