Subject: Re: Xilinx Tools
From: Keith Wootten <Keith@wootten.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:56:58 +0000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
In article <389aa14a.0@news1.cluster1.telinco.net>, David    Hawke
<dhawke@skynow.net> writes
>Keith,
>
>Get in touch with either MicroCall(now insight) or Avnet in the UK.
>
>F2.1i costs just $95 (DS-FND-BAS-PC) and the Vhdl/Vlog at $495
>(DS-FND-BSX-PC)
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Dave Hawke
>Xilinx UK
>
>Keith Wootten wrote in message ...
>>Hi
>>
>>I've been using Foundation F1.4 for a while, using XC5215 and Spartan
>>XCS40.  I want to change to the 3.3V XCS40XL part, but my software won't
>>support this part.

[snip]

As I understand it, the two you suggest only support up to XC5210?

Cheers
--
Keith Wootten
Article: 20301
From: "Keith Jasinski, Jr." <jasinski@mortara.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:46:38 -0600
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
We should also point out that this is an ANNUAL cost.  The tool will not let
you start a new design after 1 year (unless you AGAIN pay the $95, $495, or
$2500 depending on the package.

--
Keith F. Jasinski, Jr.
kfjasins@execpc.com
David Hawke <dhawke@skynow.net> wrote in message
> Keith,
>
> Get in touch with either MicroCall(now insight) or Avnet in the UK.
>
> F2.1i costs just $95 (DS-FND-BAS-PC) and the Vhdl/Vlog at $495
> (DS-FND-BSX-PC)
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Dave Hawke
> Xilinx UK
>
> Keith Wootten wrote in message ...
> >Hi
> >
> >I've been using Foundation F1.4 for a while, using XC5215 and Spartan
> >XCS40.  I want to change to the 3.3V XCS40XL part, but my software won't
> >support this part.
> >
> >Apparently, there is no upgrade path for F1.4 and I'll have to *buy*
> >some new software.  To cope with both the XC5215 and the XCS40XL parts,
> >I'll need to spend over GBP1000 - yes, one kilopound.  I already spent
> >over GBP2000 for the F1.4 stuff, and I'm not a volume user.
> >
> >Why do they do this?  Surely the small company user has *some* value?
> >The support from the dealer was poor and the promised training sessions
> >never materialised once the money was paid, so cost of support is no
> >justification.
> >
> >Can anyone recommend a UK dealer who is not a shark?
> >
> >Cheers
> >--
> >Keith Wootten

Article: 20302