Subject: Re: Leonardo for Altera
From: steve (Steve Rencontre)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:45 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
In article <8uh03g$v80$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, flavioas@my-deja.com () wrote:

>      I am using Leonardo Spectrum for altera, trying to use a
> synthesizer better than maxplus2 for VHDL. But despite of
> checking 'setup maxplus2( create ACF file)option at Place&Route menu,
> it didn´t generate any ACF. So every time it runs maxplus2 to P&R it
> loses family, device and all information.
>       Any answer/suggestion is welcome,

Run MaxPlusII interactively to create your ACF. After the first time, you
can run it in batch mode thereafter (but I personally prefer to fire up
the GUI).

--
Steve Rencontre		http://www.rsn-tech.co.uk
//#include <disclaimer.h>

Article: 27101
Subject: Re: Non routable design
From: Mujtaba Hamid <mujtaba.hamid@xilinx.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:00:46 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hello Fred,

        You are justified in expecting that a design with a 7 %
utilization should not give problems
while routing. However it's not just the density of the design that
causing routing problems. There might
an invalid route somewhere, or maybe there are a few CLBs which are so
densely packed that routing them is becoming a problem.

        There are infinite possible combinations of design size /
routing, and we try to verify as many as possible. However, there are
always newer design algorithms that have not been taken into account.
That's why Tim suggested to submit the design into Xilinx support, so
that it can be verified that the new tools have already fixed the
problem, before requesting an upgrade.

Best Regards,
Mujtaba
Xilinx Applications