Site Home   Archive Home   FAQ Home   How to search the Archive   How to Navigate the Archive   
Compare FPGA features and resources   

Threads starting:
1994JulAugSepOctNovDec1994
1995JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1995
1996JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1996
1997JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1997
1998JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1998
1999JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1999
2000JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2000
2001JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2001
2002JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2002
2003JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2003
2004JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2004
2005JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2005
2006JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2006
2007JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2007
2008JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2008
2009JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2009
2010JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2010
2011JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2011
2012JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2012
2013JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2013
2014JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2014
2015JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2015
2016JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2016
2017JanFebMarApr2017

Authors:A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Custom Search

Messages from 32200

Article: 32200
Subject: Re: Timing results Xilinx Core Multiplier in FPGA Compiler 2
From: Andreas Purde <purde@emt.ei.tum.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:01:30 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
OK, "implemented ... with FPGA Compiler 2". The results of the design manager
are pretty close to what is promised. So the new question would be, why FPGA
Compiler 2 is so far away from "reality"?

Regards,

Andreas


Mark Aaldering wrote:

> Andreas -
>
> Cores that are instantiated by CoreGen do not need nor use synthesis to be
> implemented. So I find your statement "Compiled...with FPGA Compiler 2..."
> to
> be very puzzling. In addition, there are newer versions available for
> download from the IP center at xilinx.com.
>
> Perhaps you should consult the Coregen FAQ at support.xilinx.com?
>
> Best Regards -
>
> Mark
>
> Andreas Purde wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just compiled a pipelined multiplier (Variable Parallel Virtex
> > Multiplier v1.0.2) out of the Xilinx CoreGen with FPGA Compiler 2
> > (v3.4). According to the Xilinx Data Sheet it can do up to 143MHz for a
> > 16x16 multiplication - the FPGA compiler reports a maximum frequency of
> > 26MHz (more than 5 times less).
> >
> > Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong there?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andreas
>
> --
> Mark Aaldering
> Sr. Director IP Solutions Division
> (408) 879-6980; Mark.Aaldering@xilinx.com


Article: 32201
Subject: Re: ee
From: Srinivasan Venkataramanan <srini@realchip.co.in>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:42:58 +0530
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi,
  Check out User manual of VCS (if you already have it), here is an
extract:

VCS and VCSi are identical except that VCS is more highly optimized,
resulting in
greater speed for RTL and mixed level designs. Pure gate level designs
run with
comparable speed. VCS and VCSi are guaranteed to provide the exact
same
simulation results. VCSi implementation requirements are summarized in
the
following:
1. VCSi is invoked using the vcsi command instead of vcs.
2. VCSi uses the VCSI_HOME environment variable instead of VCS_HOME.

(Also it requires separate license)

HTH,
Srini

dfg wrote:
> 
> what difference is between VCS and VCSi on function?

-- 
Srinivasan Venkataramanan (Srini)
ASIC Design Engineer,
Chennai (Madras), India

Article: 32202
Subject: Re: Pin locking in Maxplus2
From: lyqin@cti.com.cn (Leon Qin)
Date: 19 Jun 2001 05:23:32 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
BTW: Who meet this bug on WinNT or Win2000? If nobody do I want to
move my project to WinNT/Win2000.

lyqin@cti.com.cn (Leon Qin) wrote in message news:<23c59085.0106182138.4805f77d@posting.google.com>...
> I got the same error at 28%. I run Maxplus2 10.01 on PIII 450 ,128MB RAM
> OS: Windows98(4.10.1998).
>   
> 
> 
> Russell Shaw <rjshaw@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:<3B2E8A80.50DD3417@iprimus.com.au>...
> > I tried the same acex design on my pc with w2k, and it works ok now.
> > Obviously not much testing is done on win95/98.
> > 
> > bob elkind wrote:
> > > 
> > > I was able to compile Russell's code with no problems, on a w2K machine.
> > > I'm wondering if there is some subtle issue with W9x machines, perhaps
> > > OS-level parameter or file location declarations.
> > > 
> > > Anyone out there able to correlate MAX+2 go/no-go to
> > > NT vs. W9x differences?
> > > 
> > > -- Bob Elkind, fpga design/consulting
> > > 
> > > Nial Stewart wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Russell Shaw wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > To follow up more, i just deleted the total win95B installation and
> > > > > re-installed. Then re-installed maxplus2 over the old version. Still
> > > > > get the same error, with and without the latest patch. Is it the pc
> > > > > hardware, or win95B?
> > > >
> > > > Guys,
> > > >
> > > > I'm running Max+2 v10 on an 850 MHz Athlon with win98,
> > > > 256M ram.
> > > >
> > > > ... snip ...
> > > >
> > > > Nial.

Article: 32203
Subject: Re: Re: Flexlm license and windows 2000
From: jmn122@hotmail.com (j n)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:36:47 +0000 (UTC)
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Win2000 contains 'Media Sensing' errr FEATURE!!??

If the computer is not connected to a network, Win2000 will 'disconnect' the 
network adapter.

To disable the Auto Media Sense feature, read the following article

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q260/9/53.asp

John

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.



-- 
Posted from [195.216.9.210] by way of f42.law14.hotmail.com [64.4.21.42] 
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Article: 32204
Subject: Bitstream to NCD file conversion for Virtex
From: Steve <dicarlo@polito.it>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:18:49 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

Hi all,

I would like to know if somebody knows a tool to convert a Virtex 
bitstream file (.bit) to any kind of schematic file (readable using 
Xilinx Foundation Software).

Thank you

Steve


Article: 32205
Subject: Re: Flexlm license and windows 2000
From: Dave Colson <dscolson@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:37:25 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hello,

My computer is connected to the network, and is operating.
"Some" versions of the lmtool do detect the ethernet id correctly
and some don't. These are new installs not existing ones.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Dave Colson

j n wrote:

> Win2000 contains 'Media Sensing' errr FEATURE!!??
>
> If the computer is not connected to a network, Win2000 will 'disconnect' the
> network adapter.
>
> To disable the Auto Media Sense feature, read the following article
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q260/9/53.asp
>
> John
>
> _________________________________________________________________________
> Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
>
> --
> Posted from [195.216.9.210] by way of f42.law14.hotmail.com [64.4.21.42]
> via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG


Article: 32206
Subject: Re: FPGA Boards
From: eng_any@yahoo.com (Lewis)
Date: 19 Jun 2001 08:18:25 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Philip Freidin <philip@fliptronics.com> wrote in message news:<cslsit4cln0eeiv2rmrncf357c1rq2cvmq@4ax.com>...
> Try 
>     http://www.optimagic.com/boards.html
> 
> I also tried "FPGA development boards" with altavista and it seemed
> to be reasonable. (without the quotes)
> 
> 
> On 18 Jun 2001 03:13:00 -0700, eng_any@yahoo.com (Lewis) wrote:
> >I did a search for FPGA development boards and found that all roads
> >lead to Nallatech through hidden keywords with the names of their
> >competitors. Is this a good way to do business ?
> >
> >I though "passing off" was a thing of the past and these days the
> >realm of the sex web site.
> >
> >Lew
> 
> Philip Freidin
> Fliptronics

Thanks

L

Article: 32207
Subject: Has anyone used the Atmel FPSLIC part ?
From: "Steven J. Ackerman" <sja@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:58:40 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Subject says it all - looking for experiences, good and bad
for the Atmel FPSLIC part.

Thanks,


--
Steven J. Ackerman, Consultant
ACS, Sarasota, FL
http://www.acscontrol.com
steve@acscontrol.com




Article: 32208
Subject: Re: Flexlm license and windows 2000
From: finishf@yahoo.com (finish)
Date: 19 Jun 2001 10:56:42 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I think there is a difference between HOST ID and IP address,
personally i changed the IP address of my PC and the tool is working
perfectly


Dave Colson <dscolson@rcn.com> wrote in message news:<3B2F5595.8F29F729@rcn.com>...
> Hello,
> 
> My computer is connected to the network, and is operating.
> "Some" versions of the lmtool do detect the ethernet id correctly
> and some don't. These are new installs not existing ones.
> 
> Any other suggestions?
> 
> Thanks
> Dave Colson
> 
> j n wrote:
> 
> > Win2000 contains 'Media Sensing' errr FEATURE!!??
> >
> > If the computer is not connected to a network, Win2000 will 'disconnect' the
> > network adapter.
> >
> > To disable the Auto Media Sense feature, read the following article
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q260/9/53.asp
> >
> > John
> >
> > _________________________________________________________________________
> > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
> >
> > --
> > Posted from [195.216.9.210] by way of f42.law14.hotmail.com [64.4.21.42]
> > via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Article: 32209
Subject: Pin-Put limit
From: finishf@yahoo.com (finish)
Date: 19 Jun 2001 11:07:54 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
HI,

quiete often on VLSI implementation papers, the authors take the "pin
out" number as a criteria to evaluate the final performances. If i can
understand this for VLSI, i can't see why this evaluation criteria is
still adopted for  FPGA plateform because a first look to most of the
FPGA chip package tells that a minimum of 100 IO are available

(PCB overloaded ?)

ThX 

H.S

Article: 32210
Subject: Re: Flexlm license and windows 2000
From: Dave Colson <dscolson@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:39:37 -0400
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hello,

Yes there is a difference between host id and ip address.
Each NIC card has a unique ethernet address for that card. This is
the address the flexlm uses for its license.

I was able to talk to someone at Aldec, which is one the software packages
I have been trying to use. It turns out that all I had to do was set an environmental
variable for the location of the license file. Why this worked I not sure. I wonder if
this would
work for the other venders?

ALDEC_LICENSE_FILE = C:\Program Files\Aldec\Active-HDL 4.2\DAT\License.dat

Thanks for your help

Dave Colson


finish wrote:

> I think there is a difference between HOST ID and IP address,
> personally i changed the IP address of my PC and the tool is working
> perfectly
>
> Dave Colson <dscolson@rcn.com> wrote in message news:<3B2F5595.8F29F729@rcn.com>...
> > Hello,
> >
> > My computer is connected to the network, and is operating.
> > "Some" versions of the lmtool do detect the ethernet id correctly
> > and some don't. These are new installs not existing ones.
> >
> > Any other suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dave Colson
> >
> > j n wrote:
> >
> > > Win2000 contains 'Media Sensing' errr FEATURE!!??
> > >
> > > If the computer is not connected to a network, Win2000 will 'disconnect' the
> > > network adapter.
> > >
> > > To disable the Auto Media Sense feature, read the following article
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q260/9/53.asp
> > >
> > > John
> > >
> > > _________________________________________________________________________
> > > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Posted from [195.216.9.210] by way of f42.law14.hotmail.com [64.4.21.42]
> > > via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG


Article: 32211
Subject: Altera EPC16 Question
From: dmb2112@hotmail.com (Dave Bancroft)
Date: 19 Jun 2001 12:00:29 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi,

  I'm wondering if anyone knows what pins TM0 and TM1 are for on the
EPC16 configuration device?  The datasheet is silent on the issue
except showing TM1 connected to VCC on a layout example.  Thanks for
any help.

Article: 32212
Subject: Re: Video Compression on an FPGA
From: "Kevin Neilson" <kevin_neilson@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:30:16 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I think MPEG lossiness is at times very noticeable.  If you watch a DVD or
digital satellite TV, you'll notice that whenever the scene changes abruptly
(for example, during an explosion) the codec can't keep up and the whole
screen turns "blocky" (low res) like the pictures I used to draw on the
Apple II.

"Andrew DeWeerd" <adeweerd@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
news:TqTV6.459769$fs3.75387781@typhoon.tampabay.rr.com...
> Sony (www.sel.sony.com) has a real-time MPEG chip that looked very good.
> Also, check out C-Cube (www.c-cube.com).  All MPEG solutions are lossy. If
> you watch DVDs, however, you will agree that the compression is hardly
> noticeable.
>
> "Jason Daughenbaugh" <jad@aedinc.net> wrote in message
> news:368276e0.0106121152.3e69be8f@posting.google.com...
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am looking for any information on video compression/decompression
> > on an FPGA.  I am interested in IP cores, papers on implementation,
> > etc.  I don't want algorithms that are too lossy - lossless or near
> > lossless are all I can consider.  JPEG-2000, JPEG-LS, or others.  Can
> > MPEG-4 or MPEG-7 be near-lossless?
> >
> > We want to be able to process 24 bit RGB at 45Mpix/s or faster.  I
> > don't think that DSPs can do it, a massively parallel FPGA
> > architecture or an ASIC are probably the only choices.
> >
> > I have looked at the ADV-JP2000 Codec.  It is a cool IC, but can only
> > do 10Mpix/s (with only one color component, slow with more?).  I would
> > also be interested in any similar chips (but faster) that might be
> > able to do this processing, and then I could glue it to an FPGA.
> >
> > I have little experience with video CODECs, so I would appreciate any
> > advice on where to look.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Jason Daughenbaugh
> > http://www.aedinc.net
> >
>
>
>



Article: 32213
Subject: Re: Pin locking in Maxplus2
From: Russell Shaw <rjshaw@iprimus.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:30:16 +1000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Going to w2k would be worthwhile...

Leon Qin wrote:
> 
> BTW: Who meet this bug on WinNT or Win2000? If nobody do I want to
> move my project to WinNT/Win2000.
> 
> lyqin@cti.com.cn (Leon Qin) wrote in message news:<23c59085.0106182138.4805f77d@posting.google.com>...
> > I got the same error at 28%. I run Maxplus2 10.01 on PIII 450 ,128MB RAM
> > OS: Windows98(4.10.1998).
> >
> >
> >
> > Russell Shaw <rjshaw@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:<3B2E8A80.50DD3417@iprimus.com.au>...
> > > I tried the same acex design on my pc with w2k, and it works ok now.
> > > Obviously not much testing is done on win95/98.
> > >
> > > bob elkind wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I was able to compile Russell's code with no problems, on a w2K machine.
> > > > I'm wondering if there is some subtle issue with W9x machines, perhaps
> > > > OS-level parameter or file location declarations.
> > > >
> > > > Anyone out there able to correlate MAX+2 go/no-go to
> > > > NT vs. W9x differences?
> > > >
> > > > -- Bob Elkind, fpga design/consulting
> > > >
> > > > Nial Stewart wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Russell Shaw wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > To follow up more, i just deleted the total win95B installation and
> > > > > > re-installed. Then re-installed maxplus2 over the old version. Still
> > > > > > get the same error, with and without the latest patch. Is it the pc
> > > > > > hardware, or win95B?
> > > > >
> > > > > Guys,
> > > > >
> > > > > I'm running Max+2 v10 on an 850 MHz Athlon with win98,
> > > > > 256M ram.
> > > > >
> > > > > ... snip ...
> > > > >
> > > > > Nial.

--
   ___                                           ___
  /  /\                                         /  /\
 /  /__\                                       /  /\/\
/__/   / Russell Shaw, B.Eng, M.Eng(Research) /__/\/\/
\  \  /  Victoria, Australia, Down-Under      \  \/\/
 \__\/                                         \__\/

Article: 32214
(removed)


Article: 32215
Subject: Spartan
From: caihong <hjhcsw@sina.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:20:50 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hello:
  Now i synthesis my design with Synplify Pro6.24.Generally,i need add a file whe i use some a device(Xilinx)eg.Vertexe.v/xc3000.v/xc4000.v,etc.But now i use Spartan series,i caan't the spartan.v in /synplicity/synplify/lib/xilinx..
why are there not the likely spartan.v file?

Article: 32216
Subject: XPower
From: Phil Hays <spampostmaster@home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 02:38:06 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

I've just today tried Xilinx's new power estimation tool, XPower.  XPower is
"early access" software, which I think is a new code name for beta software. 
I'm working on a design with a tight power and cooling budget, and power
estimation is difficult.  The measured difference between the spreadsheet
estimates and the real hardware in my past designs has been 2:1, 4:1 or worse,
which might lead to wildly over designed power supplies or worse.  With large
power budgets in past designs, this hasn't been a problem for me, however this
project is different.  While the answer I get from this tool is a lot closer to
what I expect (and rather less than the spreadsheet estimate), and less than my
power budget, I'm wondering how accurate this tool's results are.  Any XPower
users that have verified results against real hardware care to speak out?

This tool uses a simulation pattern out of ModelSim and the placed and routed
design, so with a realistic simulation pattern I would expect a fairly realistic
answer.

If you haven't seen this tool yet, answer 10667 has a pointer to the download
page, or search answers for for XPower.  Skip the GUI, it's gakky buggy, run in
command line mode.


-- 
Phil Hays

Article: 32217
Subject: Re: Has anyone used the Atmel FPSLIC part ?
From: "Dave Feustel" <dfeustel@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:21:14 -0500
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I have one which I have been too busy to do anything with.
Hopefully that situation will change in the next couple of weeks.

The board looks good. The software installation process
is not bad except for getting a license.  The license is
good for 3 months. A 1-year software tools license is $995.

"Steven J. Ackerman" <sja@gte.net> wrote in message news:4xLX6.562$PF2.195021@paloalto-snr1.gtei.net...
> Subject says it all - looking for experiences, good and bad
> for the Atmel FPSLIC part.
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> --
> Steven J. Ackerman, Consultant
> ACS, Sarasota, FL
> http://www.acscontrol.com
> steve@acscontrol.com
>
>
>



Article: 32218
Subject: Re: Altera EPC16 Question
From: "Wolfgang Loewer" <wolfgang.loewer@elca.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:57:24 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi,

TM0 and TM1 are test pins that Altera uses to test the EPC16 device. For
correct operation in user mode, TM0 must be connected to GND and TM1 to VCC
as shown in the EPC16 datasheet, Figure 11.

Best regards
Wolfgang
El Camino GmbH

Dave Bancroft <dmb2112@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:7fb80770.0106191100.22454751@posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
>   I'm wondering if anyone knows what pins TM0 and TM1 are for on the
> EPC16 configuration device?  The datasheet is silent on the issue
> except showing TM1 connected to VCC on a layout example.  Thanks for
> any help.



Article: 32219
Subject: Gray counter STRUCTURAL (VHDL)
From: manolios@auth.gr (Nikiforakis Manos)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:45:19 +0000 (UTC)
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C0F976.36E4DF00
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-7"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello All.
Can anyone please give me a hint on how am I going to desigh a gray code =
counder (stuctural description)?=20
I've tried using T and D flip flops with the equations I got from =
Carneaut's maps but when I wrote the VHDL model either it falt in loops =
or it didn't worked at all (probably because of multiple feedbacks).
I cannot find out what's happening and I cannot find even one model in =
the internet using styctural description for more than 2 bits!
I will design (hopefully) a 16 bit counter but any help regarding to a  =
>2,3bit counter would be what I need to start.
Thank you in advance.

Nikiforakis Manos
Studing Physics at Aristotle University
Thessaloniki, Greece
email: manolios@auth.gr

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C0F976.36E4DF00
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-7"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-7">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.100" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello All.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Can anyone please give me a hint on how =
am I going=20
to desigh a gray code counder (stuctural description)? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've tried using T and D flip flops =
with the=20
equations I got from Carneaut's maps but when I wrote the VHDL model=20
either&nbsp;it falt in loops or it didn't worked at all (probably =
because of=20
multiple feedbacks).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I cannot find out what's happening and =
I cannot=20
find even one model in the internet using styctural description for more =
than 2=20
bits!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I will design (hopefully) a 16 bit =
counter but any=20
help regarding to a&nbsp; &gt;2,3bit counter would be what I need=20
to&nbsp;start.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you in advance.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nikiforakis Manos</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Studing Physics at Aristotle=20
University</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thessaloniki, Greece</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>email: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:manolios@auth.gr">manolios@auth.gr</A></FONT></DIV></BODY>=
</HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C0F976.36E4DF00--



-- 
Posted from orion.ccf.auth.gr [155.207.199.31] 
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Article: 32220
Subject: AHDL & IDE
From: "Marco" <curgan@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:07:19 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi All,

i have to build a IDE-ATA Device with AHDL to simulate a hard disk.
Has anyone experience with it ??


Thx for it.



Article: 32221
(removed)


Article: 32222
Subject: Phase Locked loop implementation on FPGA
From: vnwarrior@rediffmail.com (SilverByte)
Date: 20 Jun 2001 05:27:03 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
hi,
   I have to implement a Digital PLL on an FPGA. Does anyone have any
docs regarding this.
Any docs regarding generic design of a PLL is also appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Sandy

Article: 32223
Subject: Re: Pin locking in Maxplus2
From: Nial Stewart <nials@sqf.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:08:53 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Russell Shaw wrote:
> 
> Going to w2k would be worthwhile...

Russell,

Have you found w2k to be stable?

Nial.

Article: 32224
Subject: Re: Pin locking in Maxplus2
From: Russell Shaw <rjshaw@iprimus.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:38:32 +1000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

Nial Stewart wrote:
> 
> Russell Shaw wrote:
> >
> > Going to w2k would be worthwhile...
> 
> Russell,
> 
> Have you found w2k to be stable?

Much so. In win95, i had to reset the pc before using netscape to
reduce the instabilities. w2k is the best attempt yet at a useable
windoze OS. Its got the niceties of win95, even tho its based on NT.
The help system even details all the dos-box commands, unlike win95.

--
   ___                                           ___
  /  /\                                         /  /\
 /  /__\                                       /  /\/\
/__/   / Russell Shaw, B.Eng, M.Eng(Research) /__/\/\/
\  \  /  Victoria, Australia, Down-Under      \  \/\/
 \__\/                                         \__\/



Site Home   Archive Home   FAQ Home   How to search the Archive   How to Navigate the Archive   
Compare FPGA features and resources   

Threads starting:
1994JulAugSepOctNovDec1994
1995JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1995
1996JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1996
1997JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1997
1998JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1998
1999JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec1999
2000JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2000
2001JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2001
2002JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2002
2003JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2003
2004JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2004
2005JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2005
2006JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2006
2007JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2007
2008JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2008
2009JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2009
2010JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2010
2011JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2011
2012JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2012
2013JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2013
2014JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2014
2015JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2015
2016JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec2016
2017JanFebMarApr2017

Authors:A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Custom Search