Subject: Re: Virtex-II and SDRAM Controller at 133MHz
From: Rick Filipkiewicz <rick@algor.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 01:14:29 +0000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

Jay wrote:

> Why don't you give it a rough cut, then synth, and P&R and see what
> you get.  If you're a designer of similar caliber to some of the
> regular posters on here then you should have a good shot at it.  We
> run our ECC SDRAM interface at 25MHz, but then again, its a standard
> cell design being proto'd in a Vertex 2 6000, not a purpose build FPGA
> design.

So far I've manged to push ours to 100MHz or so in an XCV600E-6, no floorplanning or hard
macro'ing,  just the auto P&R tools. The target/goal, after some floorplanning & much
sweat+cursing etc, is 125/133Mhz in a -7.

Then, sometime in April, we'll move to the V2 and I'll start similing again.

Article: 39301