Subject: Re: several fpga high bandwidth questions
From: nahum_barnea@yahoo.com (Nahum Barnea)
Date: 1 Mar 2003 13:40:05 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Austin,
I think that IBIS model will answer the electrical point of view - rise time,
fall time etc - but will not answer the question: can Xilinx IO register
capture the RLDRAM data rates 640 Mbps (RLDRAM-I) or 800 Mbps (RLDRAM-II).
I expect this answer from xilinx experts such as you ...

Bye,
NAHUM.

Austin Lesea <austin.lesea@xilinx.com> wrote in message news:<3E5E3835.620D8772@xilinx.com>...
> Nahum,
>
> Go the the supplier websites, download their IBIS models, and simulate the
> IOs you wnat to use at the frequencies you desire.
>
> This will answer your questions.
>
> Austin
>
> Nahum Barnea wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> > Several questions.
> >
> > 1. What Altera fpga family is an alternative to Spartan-IIE family ?
> > 2. I want to design an interface to Micron's RLDRAM device - that is
> >    I/O bandwidth of 640 Mbps (HSTL). what fpga can I use ?
> > 3. Next generation of Micron's RLDRAM device will have a bandwidth of
> >    800 Mbps (HSTL). Do I have an fpga today that will be able to support
> >    this bandwidth ?
> >
> > Bye,
> > NAHUM

Article: 53051