Subject: JTAG
From: isro@ureach.com (Prakash)
Date: 6 Mar 2003 22:46:27 -0800
Anybody is using JTAG/BIST in
boards.I'm new to this and want to
know how to use it.Any material/example
other than Mic.Smith(ASIC).

Article: 53226
Subject: Re: Annapolis Microsystems Wildcard
From: johnjakson@yahoo.com (john jakson)
Date: 6 Mar 2003 23:07:20 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Ray Andraka <ray@andraka.com> wrote in message news:<3E67A40F.CC97176B@andraka.com>...
> My biggest gripe about the Annapolis stuff is the closed architecture ala microsoft.
> Where they don't exactly have a microsoft sized customer base, you would think they would
> be a bit more accommodating, especially seeing you already dropped a sizable sum for the
> board in the first place.  Oh well, I can't vouch for their business model (nor do I
> understand it, if this is how they are doing it).  Didn't the board also come with NT
> drivers?  Perhaps those may work out a bit better
>
> ABloke wrote:
>
> > Hi Ray,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply - I forget to check back on this thread.
> >
> > You would think that they would give them to me. I bought the card a
> > couple of years ago, but it only came with Windows 98 drivers, which
> > are useless to me. It has been lying around for ages, so I thought I'd
> > put it to some use. Unfortunately, Annapolis want to charge nearly
> > $700 for the privelege of using it again, so it will just sit around
> > here doing nothing because the price is ludicrous.

Consider where they come from and who their best customers are and for
that price you can buy a mil grade hammer!

I wonder how many other FPGA boards end up sitting around for lack of
suitable open tools that can be used across different vendors. More
than a few I bet. We are still at the S100/Cromenco days of FPGA,
wonder who the next RC Apple will be?

Article: 53227