Subject: Data transfer for real time analysis
From: "Pini" <pinit@ee.bgu.ac.il>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:07:48 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
hi,
We are planning a data acquisition system with 4-12 sub units. Each sub unit
produce data of 25MBit/sec. The distance between the boxes and computer is
about 2 meters.
I'm willing to transfer and analyze the data in real-time. I'm willing to
close a control loop in 1-5msec (I. wish 100usec ......).
What is the recommended serial protocol?
The sub units will be in-house made the host computer for data analysis and
storage will be a PC (probably with raid HD).
What communication HW/protocol should I use in my sub units?
What communication HW/protocol should I use in the PC?

Regards
    Pini

PS
There is a  discussion about this tread at comp.realtime