Subject: Re: C Header files for User Design Logic in the Nios.
From: aferrucc@altera.com (Aaron Ferrucci)
Date: 23 Jun 2004 12:50:00 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Ted,
void* just means a generic pointer.  In your code, you're casting it
to int*, which should work fine.  Since your component has no address
input, it spans only a single int* location.  I'm not sure I
understand what you mean when you say you found the write port at
base_address+3.

Just to reiterate, I think you have a bug in your HDL which makes it
look like you aren't able to access your hardware at the device base
address.

etd606@hotmail.com (Ted) wrote in message news:<58811c5e.0406230313.53b01cb3@posting.google.com>...
> Hi Aaron,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Through a process of trial and error, I managed
> to find the write port at base_address+3. I was just wondering if the
> compiler treats data-bitwidth as 32 bits and therefore assign the LSB
> at base_address+3. Since relevant data is only 8-bits wide, the upper
> bits would be always 0.
>
> But SOPC builder is supposed to have a dynamic bitwidth right so this
> shouldn't happen. Like u said, the *point1=1 should work (*point4=1
> works in this instance) but it doesn't. Might it be something to do
> with the settings i.e. how the compiler or device and pins settings
> are made etc. affecting the optimisation process or affecting how data
> is communicated to the device?
>
> My design works but it is at best erratic. I am inserting a multiplier
> into the blackbox now with 32-bits and it is not working.
>
> Ed

Article: 70701