Subject: Re: Actel vs. Xilinx and Altera
From: "Joel Kolstad" <JKolstad71HatesSpam@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:25:58 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Thanks for the info, Hans.  BTW, I like your web site, but I'd like it even
more if you didn't "trap" other web sites within your own frames. :-)

---Joel

Article: 86901
Subject: Re: Possible bug in Vertex-4 Rocket-IO?
From: shuo.huang@fibre.com
Date: 8 Jul 2005 08:29:21 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I used RXRECCLK to clock the output.

Marko wrote:
> What clock are you using to clock the data out?  It should not be your
> reference clock because this will not be synchronous to the data and
> you will experience a glitch periodically.  You could use the
> recovered clock.  This is the clock recovered from the serial data
> stream so it will be synchronous with the data.

Article: 86902
Subject: Re: Max Sample Rate for Signal Tap in Altera Quartus?
From: "jjlindula@hotmail.com" <jjlindula@hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2005 09:10:25 -0700

My FPGA is running at 80Mhz and I've heard the max sample rate is
50Mhz, so I just wanted to see if it can go higher.

joe

Peter Sommerfeld wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Since SignalTap is just like any other circuit in your FPGA, the answer
> would be the same as for, "How fast can a circuit run in my device?"
>
> It entirely depends on what else is part of the FPGA design, on what
> embedded memory SignalTap uses for buffers, how many signals you are
> watching, the device itself, and so on. SignalTap can slow down, or be
> slowed down by, the circuit it is inspecting.
>
> Practically, I haven't had much problem with SignalTap not being fast
> enough. Even in the cases where timing isn't met, I slow down the
> design sufficiently so it's not a problem, since SignalTap is only used
> in the debug phase for me.
>
> HTH
>
> -- Pete
>
> jjlindula@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Hello, does anyone know what is the max Sample Rate used in the Signal
> > Tap utility under Altera's Quartus?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > joe

Article: 86903