Subject: question about xilinx micro kernel
From: "chong" <chongpeng@gmail.com>
Date: 16 Jun 2005 23:52:53 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
in its edk (embedded system development kit), xilinx provide a micro
kernel for the microblaze/ppc405 core in some types of its fpgas. based
on xilinx's doc, this micro kernel is like an rto, provide a services
(such as preemptive scheduler, posix interface, etc) to the
application. i am thinking about using this micro kernel to develope my
application. i have a couple of general questions here:

1. anybody has experence with this micro kernel? how is it?
2. there are a doze of (very expensive) rtos developed for
microblaze/ppc405, such as mv linux and vxworks, if xilinx micro kernel
can do the same thing, why should i pay for these rtos?

any inputs are highly appreciated.

chong

Article: 85851