Subject: Re: How to get 1.8432 MHz out of 24 MHz with Sparten-3?
From: "Elektro" <mrs@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:17:57 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Thank you all. I made a 625/96 divider and toggled the clock output bit by
that, and it worked nicely. :-) I got 48 clocks out when I put 625 clocks
in.

Others than me selected this "odd" frequency, so I couldn't select a more
appropriate one by myself. :-/ Otherwise I would have selected another
frequency.

And by the way, does anybody know a good book with these kinds of examples?

Thanks :-)

"Jim Granville" <no.spam@designtools.co.nz> skrev i meddelandet

> Hal Murray wrote:
>
> >>I'm not using it for an UART. It's used for an ADS1251 AD-converter to
get
> >>an exact sampling frequency of 4800 Hz.
> >

> > What do you mean by "exact"?  How good is the crystal you are
> > starting with?
> >
> > 24 MHz divided by 5000 gives a nice clean 4800 HZ.
> > Why go through 1.8432 MHz?
>
> I'd guess the ADS1251 starts with that ?
>
> So there are a couple of choices
>
> a) Divide by 13, and accept the slight sample error, but zero jitter,
> or
> b) divide by 625/48 as someone else suggested.
>
> However, rather than implement split adders as counters, this can also
> be done with a much simpler swallow counter :
>
> for 47/48 times divide by 13, and for 1/48 times, divide by 14.
>
> Result is 625 clocks in, for 48 out.
> Freq average is exact, but has slight edge jitter on the /14 cases
>
> -jg

Article: 78076