Subject: Re: ISA(PC/104) BUS DECODE ASYNC or SYNC?
From: Ray Andraka <ray@andraka.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:19:55 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
You can't really depend on the ISA bus signals being synchronous with sysclk. You
don't need BALE.  You should use IOW to clock in the data and address, then
transfer that latched address and data to your local clock domain using sound async
transfer techniques.  For reads, sync up IOR to advance your local counter on the
end of a read access.   IOW should go into the FPGA via a global clock pin if
possible.